Property owners typically don’t recognize that shampooing isn’t always the best technique of cleaning carpets in their property, and that they have more choices for rug cleaning than ever before. Some carpet cleaning methods include a light and budget-friendly carpet cleaning, whereas other techniques are a much better choice for removing difficult stains and ground-in dirt and particles.
The most effective technique of cleaning carpets is generally steam cleaning, which eliminates over 90% of dirt and germs from carpeting. Dry cleaning carpets is also efficient for ensuring carpets are ready for foot traffic as quickly as possible.
To guarantee that you keep your property’s carpets and area rugs as well as all other flooring materials in good condition and looking their finest, keep in mind a couple of essential differences between carpet cleaning techniques as well as some pointers for keeping floorings as clean as possible. You can then discuss your options with a carpet cleaning business near you when it’s time to have your carpets and floors cleaned by a pro!
Various Carpet Cleaning Services
Keep in mind the most popular carpet cleaning services you may select for your home so you can better understand the benefits and drawbacks of each option:
- Hot water extraction or steam cleaning uses hot water applied to carpet fibers with a high-pressure wand. The hot water and pressure both work to dissolve thick filth, mud, dust, and other particles from carpets, enabling it to be extracted quickly. Steam likewise “fluffs up” matted carpet fibers to ensure that your residence’s carpets looks fresher and feels softer underfoot.
- Carpet shampooing utilizes specialized cleaning agents applied with great deals of water, just like shampooing your hair! Revolving brushes may scrub the shampoo into the carpeting and assistance loosen dirt and particles. Clean water is utilized to draw out the shampoo, up until the carpets are clean and without residues.
- Carpet dry cleaning uses a special powder detergent or comparable chemicals, applied with a touch of water. A rotating brush presses the powder into the fibers and a specialty extraction tool then gets rid of the cleaning agent in addition to caught dirt and particles.
- Foam cleaning carpeting or encapsulation is often utilized for specifically filthy carpets. A specialized foam is applied to carpets where it then begins to bubble and grow; this expanding foam traps dirt and particles, bringing it to the carpet’s surface. Steam extraction then gets rid of the foam and caught dirt.
- Bonnet cleaning uses a specialty carpet cleaning device with a type of thick towel or bonnet over the front. This bonnet rubs carpet shampoo throughout the surface of carpet fibers, and the shampoo is then drawn out along with caught dirt and particles.
What Is the Best Carpet Cleaning Technique?
There is no “absolute best carpet cleaning technique” that suits all kinds of carpets and that addresses all forms of dirt and discolorations, and all rug cleaning approaches have pros and cons. Consider a couple of advantages and drawbacks of the most popular carpet cleaning approaches so you can better select the best choice for your property.
- Hot water extraction is an exceptional choice for those with allergies or level of sensitivities to cleaning agents and shampoos. Steam likewise eliminates bacteria, germs, mold, mildew, and other irritants, another benefit for those with sensitive sinuses! However, it’s challenging to get rid of all traces of water after a carpet steam clean, so carpets may not be ready for foot traffic for numerous hours after cleaning.
- Shampooing carpets is effective for removing stubborn spots but require thorough, appropriate extraction. Sticky cleaning agent residues left behind after shampooing will trap and enclose more dust and dirt along the surface of carpeting, so that a house’s rugs might look dirty very soon after shampooing.
- Carpet dry cleaning is preferred for workplaces and busy houses with families who can not wait for a carpet to dry! Nevertheless, the cleaning agents and chemicals used for dry cleaning carpets can be somewhat pungent so correct ventilation is crucial, and this carpet cleaning method might be a poor choice for those who have allergies or breathing problems.
- Bonnet cleaning removes just surface dirt from carpets, a drawback for floors needing a deep clean. The benefit of bonnet cleaning is that this method is quick and affordable. Think about bonnet carpet cleaning if your carpets are not specifically dirty or matted down and if you need light carpet cleaning on a consistent yet affordable basis, to guarantee your residence’s rugs constantly look their best.
To guarantee your property’s carpets are cleaned thoroughly yet carefully, call a carpet cleaning service provider near you! Carpet cleaning professionals have the tools and competence needed to clean tough discolorations and ground-in dirt without damaging carpet fibers. Call Universal Carpet Cleaning today for a complimentary carpet cleaning quote: (706) 550-4167